As you’ve no doubt heard, curb appeal is critical when selling your home. It’s the first thing buyers see and we want them to look forward to getting inside … and making a strong offer!
In the Summer that’s pretty easy and intuitive. Cleaning up the gardens, planting flowers and fresh mulch go a long way. But in the Winter most people seem to feel stymied by this challenge. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Here are some simple ideas to make your home pop!
- Make sure the path is clean and clear of leaves, debris, snow and ice
- Paint the trim if it needs it. Peeling paint hints of a home that is not cared for
- Trim trees and bushes so they look neat and tidy
- Paint the front door – a fresh coat of high gloss paint is fabulous. A bright color is great, if appropriate with your house color, of course
- It helps to have a new or freshly painted house number, as well as a clean, good looking light fixture with bright light bulbs
- Cut evergreens or white branches in a couple of attractive pots flanking the front door and/or path provide welcome color
- If you have window boxes, fill them with evergreens and holly for color
If your timing puts your house on the market in the late Fall, be sure to take advantage of some classic neutral holiday lighting to add to the appeal.
First impressions are everything so you really get only one opportunity with each potential buyer. Set the stage to your advantage and create an outdoor appeal and that will result in a quicker, higher sale!
If you’re thinking it’s time to sell, contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. We’ll help you prepare your home for sale, help you determine the highest price possible, and get you on your way with professionalism and care every step of the way!